Are you inspired by ecommerce retailers empowering people to shop their values? We are. That’s what the impact economy is all about.
The GoodCarts Sustainable/Shop-for-Good circle is our largest and fastest growing community of brands. They represent a variety of different purpose-driven models:
- Sustainable products and processes – Organic, recycled/upcycled materials, natural materials, comprehensive sustainable processes, climate offsets, sustainable fashion, ethical fashion, eco-fashion, etc.
- Fair trade – Workers and artisans get paid a living wage and cooperative models invest in their communities
- Buy one, give one – People buy knowing a related product is given to someone in need
- Percent to charity – Revenue donated to a charitable cause
- Charity run stores – Nonprofit store selling sustainable and/or traditional goods to raise money for their good cause
- Social enterprises – Often a nonprofit producing products for work force development among disadvantaged groups
- Ethical values and social goals – Not tested on animals/cruelty free, no GMOs, vegan, indigenous products, no child labor, empowering women, employing refugees, the disabled, etc. and more
- B Corporations – Public benefit corporations – for-profit social enterprises with legally chartered public benefit goals
If your ecommerce retail store operates as a social enterprise or has a commitment to sustainability or social mission, join the Sustainable/Shop-for-Good circle!
Not sure if you qualify to be part of this circle? if you’re a member of the organizations listed on this page (or have products certified by any of the organizations), you’re in!
Organizations, Certifications, or Network*
- Social Venture Circle
- Green America – Green Business Network
- American Sustainable Business Council
- Certified B Corporation
- Conscious Capitalism
- Social Enterprise Alliance
- Fair Trade Federation
- Fair Trade America
- Fair Trade Certified USA
- Fairtrade International
- World Fair Trade Organisation and branches in Latin America, Africa, Asia, and Europe.
- Domestic Fair Trade Association
- Fair Trade Foundation (UK)
- Canadian Fair Trade Network
- FairTrade Africa
- Fair for Life
- ISEAL Alliance
- GOTS Certified (Organic Textiles)
- Fair Wear Foundation
- Ethical Fashion Initiative
- Sustainable Fashion Alliance
- Leaping Bunny Certification Programme – Cruelty Free International
- EWG Verified – Environmental Working Group
- National Organic Coalition
- Sustainable Food Trade Association
- Ethical Trading Initiative
- Canopy Ecopaper Database
- Buy Social Canada
- Rainforest Alliance or UTZ Certified
- B1G1 – Business for Good
- 1% for the Planet
- Green Globe
- Friends of the Sea
- Textile Exchange – RCS 100
- Control Union – Sustainable Fibre Programme
*Does not imply endorsement.