Are you inspired by online stores that empower people to shop their values? We are, because that’s what the impact economy is all about.
There are different “shop for good” purpose-driven models among the members of the GoodCarts Network:
- Sustainable products and processes – Organic, recycled/upcycled materials, natural materials, comprehensive sustainable processes, climate offsets, sustainable fashion, ethical fashion, eco-fashion, etc.
- Fair trade – Workers and artisans get paid a living wage and cooperative models invest in their communities
- Buy one, give one – People buy knowing a related product is given to someone in need
- Percent to charity – Revenue donated to a charitable cause
- Charity run stores – Nonprofit store selling sustainable and/or traditional goods to raise money for their good cause
- Social enterprises – Often a nonprofit producing products for work force development among disadvantaged groups
- Ethical values and social goals – Not tested on animals/cruelty free, no GMOs, vegan, indigenous products, no child labor, empowering women, employing refugees, the disabled, etc. and more
- B Corporations – Public benefit corporations – for-profit social enterprises with legally chartered public benefit goals
As we invite stores to join GoodCarts, we look for affirmative social good or sustainable mission commitments on their websites not just that fact that you sell “good” products.
If you are not sure if you qualify, simply sign-up and we will review your store.
To your right is our extended “pre-approved” list of organizations that stores might be members of or have products they sell certified.
For additional related links beyond those that GoodCarts candidate stores might be members of or certified by, see the key organizations list from Fashion Revolution.
Missing anyone? Let us know of other “good” membership organizations stores of which prospective GoodCarts may be members or certified.
Organizations, Certifications, or Network*
- Social Venture Circle
- Green America – Green Business Network
- American Sustainable Business Council
- Certified B Corporation
- Conscious Capitalism
- Social Enterprise Alliance
- Fair Trade Federation
- Fair Trade America
- Fair Trade Certified USA
- Fairtrade International
- World Fair Trade Organisation and branches in Latin America, Africa, Asia, and Europe.
- Domestic Fair Trade Association
- Fair Trade Foundation (UK)
- Canadian Fair Trade Network
- FairTrade Africa
- Fair for Life
- ISEAL Alliance
- GOTS Certified (Organic Textiles)
- Fair Wear Foundation
- Ethical Fashion Initiative
- Sustainable Fashion Alliance
- Leaping Bunny Certification Programme – Cruelty Free International
- EWG Verified – Environmental Working Group
- National Organic Coalition
- Sustainable Food Trade Association
- Ethical Trading Initiative
- Canopy Ecopaper Database
- Buy Social Canada
- Rainforest Alliance or UTZ Certified
- B1G1 – Business for Good
- 1% for the Planet
- Green Globe
- Friends of the Sea
- Textile Exchange – RCS 100
- Control Union – Sustainable Fibre Programme
*Does not imply endorsement.